Information and Technology at Augusta Park Primary
Technology has always been a big part of APPS with a large investment of money, time and effort by the school and staff.
The results are impressive
- Computer student ratio below 4 students to 1 computer.
- Computer Room dedicated to teaching the skills needed by the students focussing on the Microsoft suite but also including simple batch file writing, Animation and Game creation.
- Interactive Whiteboards in every Classroom.
- 4 digital video cameras.
- Every classroom has their own digital camera and access to a class set of 15 digital cameras.
- One of the fastest internet connections in all DECS sites.
- An ICT SSO employed to upkeep the computing network and associated items.
- A wireless network for ease of access to Internet and Intranet around the school.
- An ongoing computer replacement program ensuring no computer at the school is older than 6 years. Ensuring students a using tools that work and are relevant to their needs and not old clunkers that are unreliable.